Will's Field Study

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Sound Map:

On October 9, I decided to create a sound map as a part of my observations (Roughly 5 minutes). Below you will find a "description" as well as an image of this.

I noticed a lot of insects from all around me, especially in the tall grass where the pond normally would be. I heard a tree frog over in a tree near the sandy area (I guessed the general area, and then pinpointed the location after the time was up, and it matched up well). I never realized until know how many sounds you could hear that weren't natural. I heard people talking, footsteps, and a lot of cars, which makes sense, as the trails are right next to M31. I also heard quite a few birds, which I identified as some crows and a hawk (I think).


Sketches:

On September 27, 2022, I created some sketches of different types of leaves in my area. I chose a maple leaf, a sassafras leaf, and an oak leaf because they really showed the variety of vegetation/tree species in my area. The sketches with some little descriptions can be found below, as well as some pictures that correspond with each leaf.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Visit - November 13

Field Visit - October 30